Hello Frosty Faustings Family,
While we are still living in a world impacted by COVID-19, we have taken everything into consideration and decided to continue hosting FFXIV on January 28-29, 2022. With the increase in cases and the Omicron variant, FF will be doing everything in its power to keep its staff and attendees safe.
We have made the decision to require all attendees (competitors and spectators), staff, volunteers, commentators, artists, and vendors to provide proof of a NEGATIVE COVID TEST within 48-hours of badge pickup. This is in addition to providing proof of vaccination and requiring masks at all times unless in the designated eating and drinking ballroom.
We understand getting a test can be a challenge, so we will offer FREE ON-SITE, RAPID COVID TESTING to all guests. We felt it was imperative to provide a simple solution for testing to make it easy to attend. This was made possible with the help of the Dupage County Sports Commission, DonnBek Corp Inc. in partnership with LabElite, and the gracious efforts of our venue staff.
If you are traveling a long distance, especially for those traveling by plane, we strongly recommend getting tested before you travel. All major airports offer on-site testing by appointment so please explore all options. Most should be free. FF would hate for you to travel a far distance only to test positive and not be allowed to attend the event.
NEGATIVE COVID TEST POLICY
- All attendees, staff, vendors, and artists are required to provide proof of a negative test (either at the event or within 48-hours of arriving) and proof of full vaccination status.
- Offsite Covid tests are allowed but MUST BE PROFESSIONALLY ADMINISTERED within 48-hours of arriving at registration.
- Rapid Antigen or PCR tests will be accepted. NO OVER-THE-COUNTER AT-HOME / SELF TESTS WILL BE ALLOWED
- Proof of a negative Covid test may be provided by showing an email on your phone or by providing a printout of your result.
- Wristbands will be given as proof of your negative COVID test and must be worn at all times. Our Security and Staff will be actively monitoring for badges and wristbands and stopping anyone without both items. The FFXIV After Party will also require the same wristband. Should you lose your wristband you will be required to take a new test on-site.
CHECK-IN PROCESS WITH NEGATIVE TEST TAKEN WITHIN 48-HOURS OF ARRIVAL
- If you have gotten a NEGATIVE COVID-19 test professionally administered within 48-hours of checking in, you may proceed directly to the registration desk to have your vaccine card and ID checked and pick up your badge.
- You will be given a wristband after verification of your negative test. You will be given a badge after verification of your vaccine card. Both are required to enter the event and you will be required to show both at all checkpoints. Please keep them visible at all times to speed things up.
CHECK-IN PROCESS IF NEEDING A COVID TEST
- Upon arrival, proceed directly to the mobile testing booth in the lobby, near the main entrance.
- While we anticipate some lines, the mobile testing booth will be very well staffed to ensure both efficiency and accuracy.
- An employee from DonnBek Corp. will administer your Covid test.
- Results only take 2-3 minutes.
- Upon proof of a negative result, you will be given a wristband.
- Proceed to the Registration Desk to pick up your badge. Your wristband, vaccination card, and photo ID will be required to pick up your badge.
Any attendees who receive a positive covid test result will not be allowed to enter the event spaces in the venue. Our security team will ask you to exit the venue or return to your on-site hotel room.
If you have tested positive for COVID on-site or within 48 hours of arrival we will issue a badge refund if the test was performed by a professional testing facility. Attendees who tested positive on-site will still be able to receive any pre-ordered merch order. If you are not on-site, merch may be shipped for an additional shipping charge.
While attending Frosty Faustings, all attendees must follow these guidelines and safety regulations including wearing a mask over nose and mouth at all times, respecting other people’s space whenever possible, and only eating or drinking in the designated area (except water). Attendees refusing to follow safety protocols will be denied entry to the event and/or disqualified from their tournament and removed without a refund.
Please review our full COVID Policy for more information.
We understand that the pandemic has created certain obstacles to attending live events. We greatly appreciate everyone’s cooperation during this time. Again, we are doing everything in our power to provide a safe and fun event for everyone. If you have any specific questions or concerns please feel free to send us an email to F.Faustings@gmail.com
Thank you and we’re looking forward to seeing you there.
– Mike Boczar (ElvenShadow), Michael Hionis (SuperGreekFyter), Victoria Hionis (MrsMarvel) & the entire Frosty Faustings team