The following attendee agreement is a legal and binding agreement between Frosty Faustings and you. Frosty Faustings reserves all rights to change or update this agreement at any moment and at its sole discretion. You will be subject to the most current version posted on the Website at the time of use or attending. Please carefully read these terms.
By registering for Frosty Faustings XIV 2022 I agree to the following:
- I understand that I must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 AND provide proof of a negative Covid test administered by a professional within 48 hours of checking in at registration to attend Frosty Faustings XIV. I understand I must wear a mask at all times while in event spaces, unless eating or drinking the designated area. I have read, understood, and agree to follow the rules and regulations listed in the Frosty Faustings XIV COVID-19 Policy. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By attending Frosty Faustings XIV 2022 you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- I have read, understood, and agree to the Event Policies listed below. I understand that additional rules may be stated at the event and I agree to comply.
- I have read, understood, and agree to the specific Game Rules posted on FrostyFaustings.com. I understand that Game Rules may change and will be responsible for reviewing the rules prior to attending.
- I understand that my tournament pools may begin at Frosty Faustings as early as Friday, January 28th at 10 am unless otherwise listed and no special seeding is owed to me.
- I understand the refund policy outlined below.
- I agree to receive emails from Frosty Faustings related to this year’s event and future events. Your email will not be sold or used by anyone other than Frosty Faustings.
- I agree to be subject to the latest version of this agreement at the time of attending Frosty Faustings.
General Rules for All Attendees
- PROOF OF VACCINE is required for entry and badge pickup. Please bring your vaccine card, clearly printed photocopy, or digital Covid QR code showing you have received both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or 1 dose of a single dose vaccine. (No pictures of your card). Proof of vaccination without negative Covid test will not gain you entry.
- PROOF OF NEGATIVE COVID TEST is required in addition to being fully vaccinated for entry and badge pickup. Test must be administered by a professional within 48 hours of checking in at registration/badge pickup. Frosty Faustings will have a FREE ON-SITE RAPID TESTING BOOTH set up in the lobby for any attendee who was not able to test prior to the event. Over-the-counter at-home or self-administered tests will not be accepted. Proof of negative test without proper vaccination proof will not gain you entry to the event.
- WRISTBANDS will be given once your NEGATIVE Covid test is verified. Your wristband must stay on at all times and is required for the entire event, including the After Party. Attendees without a wristband will need to retake a Covid test.
- VALID ID will be visually inspected to match vaccine cards.
- FACE MASKS will be always required in all event spaces. Proper mask usage will be strongly enforced.
- PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN. Sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the venue.
- MAXIMUM COMPETITOR COMFORT. The event will be capped at 3,000 attendees (competitors & spectators), not including staff. We have taken steps to reduce congestion and allow for more space between tables and fewer players per pool.
- BADGE & WRISTBAND CHECKS AT THE ENTRANCE TO EVERY BALLROOM AREA. Licensed Security will be checking for badges and negative test wristbands at the entrance to every ballroom area. Lost badges will require a new badge purchase and a recheck of your vaccine card. Lost wristbands will require another negative Covid test.
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS ARE ALLOWED EXCEPT IN A DESIGNATED AREA. No food or drinks (except water) will be allowed outside the designated area. Magnolia Ballroom will be allocated for physically distanced tables for those who choose to eat on-site. We strongly encourage guests to eat in their hotel rooms when possible. When drinking water, please keep your mask on unless actively taking a sip.
- View the entire Frosty Faustings XIV COVID-19 Policy
Any attendee refusing to follow our Covid Policy will be removed from the event without a refund.
- October & November:
- Badge Entry Fee is refundable, MINUS A $15 NON-REFUNDABLE HANDLING FEE.
- Merchandise and Game Competition fees are 100% refundable
- Badge Entry Fee is refundable, MINUS A $40 NON-REFUNDABLE HANDLING FEE.
- Merchandise and Game Competition fees are 100% refundable.
- January 1st-10th:
- Badge Entry Fee is NOT-REFUNDABLE AFTER DECEMBER 31ST.
- Merchandise is NOT-REFUNDABLE AFTER DECEMBER 31ST.
- Game Competition fees are still 100% refundable.
- January 11th-26th:
- Zero refunds of any kind will be granted after January 11th with the exception of the below policy.
If you have tested positive for COVID on-site or within 48 hours of arrival we will issue a badge refund if the test was performed by a professional testing facility. Attendees who tested positive on-site will still be able to receive any pre-ordered merch order. If you are not on-site, merch may be shipped for an additional shipping charge.
EVENT CANCELLATION REFUNDS
- If the event is canceled for any reason, 100% of the money will be refunded to all attendees.
- Frosty Faustings has no intention of canceling the event unless the city or state of Illinois mandates a shutdown.
Food & Beverage
- Alcohol is prohibited during the event if under 21.
- All alcohol must be purchased from the venue.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the event space.
- Underage drinking and/or consuming outside alcohol at the event will result in immediate expulsion from the event without a refund.
- Frosty Faustings LLC prohibits the possession or use of firearms, knives, fireworks, explosives, ammunition, chemical weapons, or any other weapons not listed during the entire event, including all event spaces and hotel spaces.
- Frosty Faustings LLC prohibits the possession or use of any illegal drug or narcotic during the entire event, including all event spaces and hotel spaces.
- Frosty Faustings is a non-smoking event. Smoking is not allowed inside any event or hotel space. Smoking areas are available outside of the hotel and event space and will require a badge and bag check upon reentry.
Code of Conduct
- We expect all guest to behave in an adult manner and do not allow the verbal or physical display of pornography, gang symbols, discrimination against any person or group, or anything that may be deemed inappropriate by Frosty Faustings staff.
- Frosty Faustings has a zero-tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, inappropriate contact, harassment (sexual or otherwise), and other forms of personal misconduct. Any incident or threat of violence, harassment, aggressive intimidation, or inappropriate contact of any kind will result in a minimum 1-year to lifetime attendance ban.
- Cheering and jeering from the crowd is perfectly fine, as is a healthy level of trash talking and playful banter. However, if you cross the line into malicious, threatening, or discriminatory hate you will be thrown out of the venue. Do not try to intentionally make other attendees uncomfortable. Control yourself and treat others with respect.
- In addition to the Frosty Faustings Code of Conduct, guests are required to comply with all local, state and federal laws, as well as event rules and instructions posted or otherwise listed.
- Frosty Faustings LLC follows the Fighting Game Code of Conduct and enforces a safe and inclusive environment for all attendees. By participating in Frosty Faustings you agree to follow the expanded guidelines set forth at fgcoc.com.
- Registering for, participating in, or attending Frosty Faustings LLC events constitutes the voluntary consent of the participant or attendee to: (a) have their gameplay be recorded by Frosty Faustings LLC representatives and (b) the reproduction and use of all such photographs, digital images, films, and likenesses for publicity purposes in publications, advertisements, promotional and marketing materials, and all other media including the World Wide Web, without further notice or compensation to the registrant, participant, or attendee. All proprietary rights and copyrights in all such photographs, digital images, films and likenesses (including negatives, positives, and prints) shall be and remain the property of Frosty Faustings LLC.
- You agree that you have knowledge of and consent to being photographed, filmed, and otherwise recorded. This recording may occur with or without your direct and simultaneous awareness.
- You irrevocably and wholly grant to Frosty Faustings LLC the exclusive use of your name, voice, picture, and likeness as recorded on these premises in conjunction with this event. You also irrevocably and wholly grant to Frosty Faustings LLC the exclusive use of any statements and actions made by you as recorded on these premises in conjunction with this event. This grant of rights shall be effective throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- Frosty Faustings LLC may use any footage it obtains at this event for any purpose, including but not limited to live and recorded transmission, advertising, promotion, sale, and transfer, in all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe and in perpetuity.
- Pets are not permitted at the event, with the exception of service animals.
- By attending the event, you agree to assume liability and responsibility for any and all injury and damage incurred to you or caused by or you during this event, including but not limited to any injuries that may result from any arcade machine or video game console, monitor, joystick, production equipment, or any other object, as well as crowding, excitement, or the actions of other individuals.
- All attendees shall protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Frosty Faustings LLC, its affiliated corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and employees from and against any and all costs and expenses, damages, claims, suits, actions, liabilities, losses and judgments including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and legal expenses, based on, arising out of or in any way related or connected with the Event or any other matter or activity directly or indirectly related to the Event, including but not limited to exposure to COVID-19, libel, slander, disparagement, defamation, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, piracy, plagiarism, or infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. This obligation shall continue beyond the term of the Event.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By attending Frosty Faustings XIV 2022 you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- By registering for Frosty Faustrings I agree to receive marketing emails pertaining to this year’s current event and any future events held by Frosty Faustings. I am aware that my email will only be used by Frosty Faustings and not sold to a third party or to solicit third-party products. I am aware that at any time I may choose to unsubscribe from the marketing emails.
Tournament Rules for Competitors
- All Games will be played on default settings unless otherwise noted in the “Games and Payouts” section for each game.
- All Tournament Matches are 2/3 matches unless otherwise noted in the “Games and Payouts” section for each game. Winners, Losers and Grand Finals for all games are 3/5!
- All Games are double elimination. Games with larger turnouts will be split up into Pool Play.
- Winners must keep same characters unless noted otherwise in “Games and Payouts” section for each game.
- You are responsible for checking into your pool before the official start time. If you are called for your match and are not present, you may be put into the losers bracket or disqualified at the judge’s discretion.
- If you are entered into multiple tournaments and are required to play in two or more at the same time, whether it be in pools or top 8, please notify the judges running those brackets to avoid any DQs.
- If players disagree on which side they play on or which stage to use, selection will be determined by playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. Winner may choose.
- If both players cannot agree on a stage within 10 seconds after selecting their characters, stage select is random, unless noted otherwise in specific game rules. If a banned stage is selected randomly, the stage should be selected again until a legal stage is selected.
- Accidentally pausing the game at any time during your match will force you to forfeit the round. In case a pause occurs, notify a judge immediately before resuming play.
- Turbo functions on all controllers are banned.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own arcade sticks/control pads as we cannot provide controllers for competitors. Wireless controllers are banned unless plugged into the console directly. All controllers must be plugged into the console using a wire. If you wish to use converters, you must bring your own. Cronus and CronusMax Wireless converters are also banned. Disrupting other tournament matches with a wireless controller may result in being disqualified from the entire event.
- Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating and will result in the collaborating players being immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- Pad players are responsible for desyncing their pads from the PS4 after their matches. Failure to do so, if they accidentally interrupt another match, will result in penalties at the discretion of tournament directors. Pads can be desynced by going to options, devices, blue tooth devices, select controller, hit options button, select forget device.
See the Games and Bonuses page for game-specific rules.
Attendees of Frosty Faustings agree to be bound by the decisions of Frosty Faustings and anyone acting on its behalf, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Frosty Faustings reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify or remove any individual it finds to be tampering with the type, process, or operation of the event, or to be acting in violation of event rules or Frosty Fausting’s code of conduct.