NOTE: FROSTY FAUSTINGS has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for weapons of any kind. Event security and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun
General Rules for All Attendees
All attendees at Frosty Faustings are solely responsible for their own conduct while participating in the event and agree to follow all rules stated below and any rules posted at the Westin in Lombard, IL. Guardians are solely responsible for the conduct of any Minors Participating in the event.
- FACE MASKS are strongly recommended but not required.
- PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN. Sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the venue.
- EVENT CAPACITY. The event will be capped at 4.000 attendees (competitors & spectators), not including staff. We have taken steps to reduce congestion and allow for more space between tables and fewer players per pool. We have restructured each ballroom’s content to minimize congestion and crowding.
- IF YOU ARE SICK, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. If you or any Minors for which you serve as Guardian have any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other contagious illness, such as coughing, runny nose, fever, chills, etc., please do not attend Frosty Faustings XVI. While we will miss you, for the health of all our guests, please enjoy the event via stream.
- IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. Please follow all CDC guidelines regarding quarantining and isolation prior to attending Frosty Faustings XVI.
- View the entire Frosty Faustings XVI COVID-19 Policy
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By attending Frosty Faustings XVI 2024 you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 to yourself and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian.
Any attendee refusing to follow our Covid Policy will be removed from the event without a refund.
- October & November:
- Badge Entry Fee is refundable, MINUS A $15 NON-REFUNDABLE HANDLING FEE.
- Merchandise and Game Competition fees are 100% refundable
- Badge Entry Fee is refundable, MINUS A $25 NON-REFUNDABLE HANDLING FEE.
- Merchandise is NOT REFUNDABLE AFTER NOVEMBER 30TH.
- Game Competition fees are still 100% refundable.
- January 1st-14th:
- Badge Entry Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE AFTER DECEMBER 31ST.
- Merchandise is NOT REFUNDABLE AFTER NOVEMBER 30TH.
- Game Competition fees are still 100% refundable.
- January 15th and on:
- Zero refunds of any kind will be granted after January 15th.
EVENT CANCELLATION REFUNDS
- If the event is canceled for any reason, 100% of the money will be refunded to all attendees.
- Frosty Faustings has no intention of canceling the event unless the city or state of Illinois mandates a shutdown.
Food & Beverage
- Alcohol is prohibited during the event if under 21.
- All alcohol must be purchased from the venue.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the event space.
- Underage drinking and/or consuming outside alcohol at the event will result in immediate expulsion from the event without a refund.
Security Checkpoints, Badge & Bag Checks
- BAG CHECKS will be required at various checkpoints throughout the event. Licensed Security will be checking bags and prohibited items (listed below) will not be allowed.
- BADGE CHECKS AT THE ENTRANCE TO EVERY BALLROOM AREA. Licensed Security will be checking for badges at the entrance to every ballroom area. Lost badges will require a new badge purchase at the spectator price.
- By attending Frosty Faustings you agree to be subject to a bag search, badge verification, and physical screening by uniformed, licensed security guards.
- Frosty Faustings LLC prohibits the possession or use of firearms, knives, fireworks, explosives, ammunition, chemical weapons, or any other weapons not listed during the entire event, including all event spaces and hotel spaces.
- Frosty Faustings LLC prohibits the possession of objects or toys that appear to be firearms, ammunition, knives, or weapons.
- Frosty Faustings LLC prohibits the possession or use of any illegal drug or narcotic during the entire event, including all event spaces and hotel spaces.
- Frosty Faustings is a non-smoking event. Smoking for any kind or Vaping is not allowed inside any event or hotel space. Smoking areas are available outside of the hotel and event space and will require a badge and bag check upon reentry.
Code of Conduct
- We expect all guests to behave in an adult manner and do not allow the verbal or physical display of pornography, gang symbols, discrimination against any person or group, or anything that may be deemed inappropriate by Frosty Faustings staff.
- Frosty Faustings has a zero-tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, inappropriate contact, harassment (sexual or otherwise), and other forms of personal misconduct. Any incident or threat of violence, harassment, aggressive intimidation, or inappropriate contact of any kind will result in a minimum 1-year to lifetime attendance ban.
- Cheering and jeering from the crowd is perfectly fine, as is a healthy level of trash-talking and playful banter. However, if you cross the line into malicious, threatening, or discriminatory hate you will be thrown out of the venue. Do not try to intentionally make other attendees uncomfortable. Control yourself and treat others with respect.
- In addition to the Frosty Faustings Code of Conduct, guests are required to comply with all local, state and federal laws, as well as event rules and instructions posted or otherwise listed.
- Frosty Faustings LLC follows the Fighting Game Code of Conduct and enforces a safe and inclusive environment for all attendees. By participating in Frosty Faustings you agree to follow the expanded guidelines set forth at fgcoc.com.
You have been fully informed of, and agreed to, the event code of conduct prior to attending the event.
- Registering for, participating in, or attending Frosty Faustings LLC events constitutes the voluntary consent of the participant or attendee and/or any Minor for which they serve as Guardian to: (a) have their gameplay be recorded by Frosty Faustings LLC representatives and (b) the reproduction and use of all such photographs, digital images, films, and likenesses for publicity purposes in publications, advertisements, promotional and marketing materials, and all other media including the World Wide Web, without further notice or compensation to the registrant, participant, or attendee. All proprietary rights and copyrights in all such photographs, digital images, films and likenesses (including negatives, positives, and prints) shall be and remain the property of Frosty Faustings LLC.
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian agree that you have knowledge of and consent to being photographed, filmed, and otherwise recorded. This recording may occur with or without your direct and simultaneous awareness.
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian irrevocably and wholly grant to Frosty Faustings LLC the exclusive use of your name, voice, picture, and likeness as recorded on these premises in conjunction with this event. You also irrevocably and wholly grant to Frosty Faustings LLC the exclusive use of any statements and actions made by you as recorded on these premises in conjunction with this event. This grant of rights shall be effective throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- Frosty Faustings LLC may use any footage it obtains at this event for any purpose, including but not limited to live and recorded transmission, advertising, promotion, sale, and transfer, in all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe and in perpetuity.
- Pets are not permitted at the event, with the exception of service animals.
- By participating in the event, you agree to assume liability and responsibility for yourself and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian, for any and all injury and damage incurred or caused by or to you during this event, including but not limited to any injuries that may result from any arcade machine or video game console, monitor, joystick, or any other object, as well as crowding, excitement, or the actions of other individuals.
- All attendees shall protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Frosty Faustings LLC, its affiliated corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and employees from and against any and all costs and expenses, damages, claims, suits, actions, liabilities, losses and judgments including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and legal expenses, based on, arising out of or in any way related or connected with the Event or any other matter or activity directly or indirectly related to the Event, including but not limited to exposure to COVID-19, libel, slander, disparagement, defamation, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, piracy, plagiarism, or infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. This obligation shall continue beyond the term of the Event.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By attending Frosty Faustings XVI 2024 you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 to yourself and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian
- By registering for Frosty Faustrings I agree to receive marketing emails pertaining to this year’s current event and any future events held by Frosty Faustings. I am aware that my email will only be used by Frosty Faustings and not sold to a third party or to solicit third-party products. I am aware that at any time I may choose to unsubscribe from the marketing emails.
Tournament Rules for Competitors
- All Games will be played on default settings unless otherwise noted in the “Games and Payouts” section for each game.
- All Tournament Matches are 2/3 matches unless otherwise noted in the “Games and Payouts” section for each game. Winners, Losers and Grand Finals for all games are 3/5!
- All Games are double elimination. Games with larger turnouts will be split up into Pool Play.
- Winners must keep same characters unless noted otherwise in “Games and Payouts” section for each game.
- You are responsible for checking into your pool before the official start time. If you are called for your match and are not present, you may be put into the losers bracket or disqualified at the judge’s discretion.
- If you are entered into multiple tournaments and are required to play in two or more at the same time, whether it be in pools or top 8, please notify the judges running those brackets to avoid any DQs.
- If players disagree on which side they play on or which stage to use, selection will be determined by playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. Winner may choose.
- If both players cannot agree on a stage within 10 seconds after selecting their characters, stage select is random, unless noted otherwise in specific game rules. If a banned stage is selected randomly, the stage should be selected again until a legal stage is selected.
- Accidentally pausing the game at any time during your match will force you to forfeit the round. In case a pause occurs, notify a judge immediately before resuming play.
- Turbo functions on all controllers are banned.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own arcade sticks/control pads as we cannot provide controllers for competitors. Wireless controllers are banned unless plugged into the console directly. All controllers must be plugged into the console using a wire. If you wish to use converters, you must bring your own. Cronus and CronusMax Wireless converters are also banned. Disrupting other tournament matches with a wireless controller may result in being disqualified from the entire event.
- Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating and will result in the collaborating players being immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- Pad players are responsible for desyncing their pads from the PS4 after their matches. Failure to do so, if they accidentally interrupt another match, will result in penalties at the discretion of tournament directors. Pads can be desynced by going to options, devices, blue tooth devices, select controller, hit options button, select forget device.
See the Games and Bonuses page for game-specific rules.
Attendees of Frosty Faustings agree to be bound by the decisions of Frosty Faustings and anyone acting on its behalf, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Frosty Faustings reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify or remove any individual it finds to be tampering with the type, process, or operation of the event, or to be acting in violation of event rules or Frosty Fausting’s code of conduct.