For the safety of all our attendees, Frosty Faustings LLC. is implementing the following health & safety policies at Frosty Faustings XV 2023. Upon registration, you will need to confirm that you understand and agree to abide by these policies for yourself and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian.
We have developed these policies in accordance with government regulations, CDC guidance, and currently available scientific data. Please note that as pandemic conditions change, we may update these policies to maximize the safety of our attendees. We will make every effort to communicate changes promptly so that you can make informed decisions about your attendance.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By attending Frosty Faustings XV 2023 you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 to yourself and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian.
We know this has been a challenging time for everyone and thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We know everyone can band together to help keep our community safe. If you have any questions that aren’t addressed, please contact us at email@example.com.
• FACE MASKS will be always required in all event spaces. Proper mask usage will be strongly enforced. Refusal to properly wear a face mask will result in removal from the event without a refund.
• VACCINATION STRONGLY RECOMMENDED Based on the current Covid transmission rates and CDC guidelines, we will NOT be requiring proof of vaccination at this time. However, to best protect yourself and others, we strongly recommend you be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received all available boosters. Vaccination requirements may change based on new variants, rising cases, and/or government restrictions.
• PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN. Sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the venue.
• MAXIMUM COMPETITOR COMFORT. The event will be capped at 3,500 attendees (competitors & spectators), not including staff. We have taken steps to reduce congestion and allow for more space between tables and fewer players per pool.
• NO FOOD OR DRINKS ARE ALLOWED EXCEPT IN A DESIGNATED AREA. No food or drinks (except water) will be allowed outside the designated area. A designated ballroom will be allocated for physically distanced tables for those who choose to eat on-site. We strongly encourage guests to eat in their hotel rooms when possible. When drinking water, please keep your mask on unless actively taking a sip.
• IF YOU ARE SICK, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. If you or any Minors for which you serve as Guardian have any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other contagious illness, such as coughing, runny nose, fever, chills, etc., please do not attend Frosty Faustings XV. While we will miss you, for the health of all our guests, please enjoy the event via stream.
• IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. Please follow all CDC guidelines regarding quarantining and isolation prior to attending Frosty Faustings XV.
Any attendee refusing to follow our Covid Policy will be removed from the event without a refund.
All attendees at Frosty Faustings XIV 2022, including staff, volunteers, guests, minors, contractors, and vendors/artists must wear a mask at all times while in any event ballrooms or corridors being occupied as event space.
- Staff and event security may ask you to put on a mask if you are seen without one. Failure to comply may result in expulsion from the event without a refund.
- Face coverings must be entirely made of tightly-woven material, have 2+ layers, fit snugly around the sides of your face, and cover your nose and mouth. We strongly recommend N95, KN95, or KF94 masks.
- If you do not have a mask or you lose your mask, we will have generic face masks available for free while supplies last.
- Free masks are also available via the CDC Find Free Masks website.
- You may remove your mask while actively eating or drinking in the designated food location.
Frosty Faustings strongly recommends that all attendees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to best protect themselves and others. Proof of vaccination is not currently required but this may change based on government regulations, transmission levels, rising cases, and/or new variants.
To find a free COVID-19 vaccine near you visit https://www.vaccines.gov/, text your zip to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Social Distancing and Reduced Capacity
- The maximum capacity of the event will be capped at 3,500 attendees.
- We are increasing the amount of space between tournament tables.
- We have reduced the maximum number of players per pool from 32 to 24 in order to alleviate congestion around tournament setups.
- In order to maximize competitor comfort and safety, we ask that only players who are entered into a pool’s bracket, stand around setups designated for that pool while it is being run.
- Players may gather around casual setups freely but please be respectful of other people’s space.
- Please make sure to wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer. We recommend that all attendees bring some portable hand sanitizer with them but there will also be free hand sanitizer stations available around the event spaces.
- When playing on arcade cabinets, please make sure to wipe down the surface of the cabinet and the controls after your turn is over. Sanitary wipes will be provided by the event near the arcade areas.
- Please be respectful of other attendees’ personal space. Fist bumps or elbow bumps are encouraged over handshakes.
- Please do not leave any food or beverages unattended to avoid other attendees picking them up by mistake.
Designated Food & Beverage Space
- Frosty Faustings will not be allowing any food or beverage (except water) to be consumed or purchased inside any of our gaming ballrooms.
- We will offer on-site concessions and encourage attendees to take their food back to their hotel rooms to safely eat without a mask.
- If you do not have an on-site hotel room, we will be providing a 3,000 sq.ft. ballroom with physically distanced tables for attendees to quickly eat.
- Lingering will not be allowed.
- Masks will be required unless actively eating at your table.
Health & Safety Acknowledgement
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 or are alerted of exposure to a confirmed case of Covid 10 days prior to the event we ask that you stay home. Please follow all CDC guidelines regarding quarantining and isolation. It is hard to police everyone that may feel sick so we really need everyone’s cooperation in keeping our community safe! If you receive a positive test result within 10 days preceding the event, we ask that you PLEASE stay home, both for your own safety and for the safety of others. We do not normally offer refunds past January 13th but may be able to make an exception with proof of a positive COVID-19 test. Please see our Refunds Policy for more information.
By attending Frosty Faustings you acknowledge, understand, and confirm each of the following:
- That you and any Minors for which you serve as Guardian will abide by all terms of admission and participation (as may be updated from time to time) and event health-and-safety requirements, all local public health regulations and guidance from the relevant city and/or state which are in effect at the time of entry, and, where applicable, provide proof of compliance with any event entry requirements;
- That you and any Minors for which you serve as Guardian are not currently experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov; including but not limited to the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- That you and any Minors for which you serve as Guardian are not currently infected with COVID-19 and that prior to attending the event You have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without following CDC recommendations.
Please do not attend Frosty Faustings if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at the event, You do not meet all of the above criteria, You may be asked to leave the venue at the sole discretion of the event staff.
Please listen to Frosty Faustings staff. We expect all attendees to cooperate fully with our staff, hotel staff, and any local security or law enforcement personnel. If you feel compelled to give us sass about your mask or requirements to attend, you should be aware that the consequences may include revocation of your badge without refund, removal from the venue, and/or an attendance ban from future Frosty Faustings events.